Wednesday, March 23, 2005

test... 1...2...4..uh...wait

The New blogging thing is great. You can write about whatever comes to mind and your friends can write comments back to you on the blog. Professional blogs are a great resource on products and issues.


But, How do you read them all. You can put your favorite blogs in ... well, your favorites folder Internet Explorer / WinXP. And click on each of them each day or whenever you like. Or you can do what I USED to do. I would put all my blogs in a bookmark folder in FireFox and then use the "open all in tabs" command. This is called Tabbed Browsing and it's great. But there is something better for reading Blogs and all RSS feeds.

Enter the aggregator. It is a blog reader. It will allow you look at a bunch of blog postings on one page and see if there are any new posts. Popular aggregators are MyYahoo.com and Bloglines. This is a little how to on MyYahoo.



How to add a blog in MyYahoo:



Step 1:



Click on Add Content


Step 2:



Don't enter the address in the wrong place. I did it here. This is the "Find
Content" box. You want the "Add RSS by URL" box. Click on "Add RSS by URL"



Step 3:



Paste the web address of the blog you want in My Yahoo here. and click add.
A confirmation dialog will appear and if you can subscribe. Click yes and the
blog posts will appear in MyYahoo.

1 comment:

Newman said...

You like me! You really like me!

I'll talk about bloglines tomorrow. What do you use Craig? Sally?