Sunday, July 17, 2005

Good Morning USA!

Hey Everyone! I made it back safe and sound to the USA. The Flight was easy thanks to a timely dose of Meletonin and a inflatable neck pillow.

This post is coming to you from Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. My jet lag is paying the benefit of early morning work sessions, so I'm up early and on the Fairfield Inn wifi. In an hour, I'll cruise down and get some breakfast or maybe a dip in the pool. Life is good... if not a little strange.

My first day, dad and I drove the country roads (plenty of new construction) up to Conyers for a shopping trip to Best Buy, Sam's Club, and the Mall! The products were awesome and the people were scary. By the time we got to the mall, I really was going over CPR in my head as I was afraid that one of those overweight people was going to kick off into cardiac arrest. After being very fat in Taiwan, all of a sudden, I'm in pretty good shape. (At BestBuy, we bought a Vonage Wifi router phone adapter for VOIP - phone to phone calls via the internet for about 40 bucks a month... set up was easy with Tech Support from India - thanks SiDah - sorry to geek out like that)

The First thing I ate was a Tillman House farmers breakfast with biscuits and gravy, breaded deep fried pork chops, grits and scrabbled eggs! Hell Yeah! It was fantastic. Salads, BBQ hot dogs and burgers - I'm in food heaven.

And I'm so grateful to Dad and Patti for throwing a BBQ party where I could catch up with everyone in Monticello, And, for inviting me down and putting me up in Hilton Head. I'll stay here until Tuesday when I hope Ray will pick me up and we'll ride out somewhere on some kind of adventure... I don't mind (how does Richard Villa say it - Victim traveler) as long as we get to spend some quality time together.

I miss my Brother. Last year on my visit to America, he was in Alaska so I didn't get a chance to catch up face to face. We have been good about chatting and staying in touch.

I miss the gang in Taiwan - The little impromptu party at Bai Nain was great and Thanks to Terry, Domini, Craig and Sarah for making my last day special.

Speaking of the Taiwan gang. Eddie and Mel are making a move from McCarthy to Homer, Alaska. Regardless of where, I hope they are having good time together and in Alaska.

I'm hoping to have a good summer hanging out with Cousins and getting involved with Family. Mom is around. Nanny and John are always fun for a visit. Tommy and Ken are in Lumberton. Debbie and Dave and family are right in Wilmington. And, of course, Grandpa and Marilyn have some coffee waiting for me around sunrise.

And speaking of sunrise, the sky is turning light and I'm ready for a swim! stay tuned!

1 comment:

Sasabear said...

"After being very fat in Taiwan, all of a sudden, I'm in pretty good shape."............

you were not fat when you were here!!you crazy guy...