Tuesday, April 04, 2006

komo news | US Airways Plane Lands Safely After Bird Strike

komo news | US Airways Plane Lands Safely After Bird Strike

This was me.

Coming into Sea-Tac, the engine starts to make a funny noise. I didn't think too much about it because planes make funny noises ... sometimes. But when a guy on the other side of the plane starts saying "Hey, the engine is on fire." and there are flashes of light inside the cabin - my "HOly CRAP" meter was pegged.

The pilot had to fight turbulence and with one engine it was pretty frightening. Imagine the engine is on fire and the plane is weaving around. Sucked!

I thought, "Well, I could die in this plane. Today."

hmmm

"I'd rather be lucky than good"

well, the excitment continues....

5 comments:

pugfreak said...

Glad to hear you are ok! Are ya living in Tacoma these days?

Donna of the Dr. John and Donna (Valdez/McCarthy)

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? -Mike

Newman said...

Hey pugfreak! yep - I'm living in Tacoma. I've been reading your dogs blog for awhile now. He's got alot of personality. It's funny. On the bus ride home from the Airport, I saw someone that reminded me of your Brother...

Hey Mike! - I'm not kidding. Angie had the same reaction. She didn't believe me at all until she saw the newscast.

Sasabear said...

when did it happen? few days ago?

natalie said...

happy you are in one piece... phew ~