Monday, April 11, 2005

Picasa 2

I'm trying to figure out Picasa. These are a few random notes from the field:

Man, I have a bunch of photos.... Most are Eddie's. Many folders are duplicated. Easy enough to "Remove from Picasa" right mouse click on the folder and select remove from Picasa - Then there is a dialogue box - you can have folders scanned once, removed, or watched. Highlight the folders on the left side of the box and then choose the action on the right.

Some things I want to fix - My camera sometime records the wrong date. I think this is the date that Picasa uses to sort the images - I need to give all those pics a new date. And then resort?

I want to figure out how all those buttons work - like the email and blogger button, slideshow, and webpage button


- I couldn't figure out why an image wasn't showing up in the folder view. I made sure the folder was set to be "updated automatically". No luck. I tried to manually import - The file was not there! AHA! I checked the options>file types and realized that it was not set to view .GIF and .PNG. ... when I click ok - it promptly started scanning the harddrive for .gig and .png and added them, but (Alas) it couldn't continue and shut down. - It worked after restarting the program

-To email - won't email from Yahoo - but yahoo has a little applet that lets you use it as a default email client program. hummm

- to post to blogger - download and install Hello. K

- Anyone know why the BloggerBot in Hello opens up Internet Explorer and not FireFox. It must be a setting somewhere.

No comments: