Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Weird!

I got this email today. An obivious internet scam, but I know the people they are talking about - Sheryl Thompson and her family. Is it a wierd fluke? Did they pick my name out of a database because of a connection... with Valdez? or Alaska.

Who do you report this sort of thing to? I would normally delete it or click on the SPAM button... but I want to do more. I know these people to go to jail or at least a firm talking to... Are the people in those other emails real people? That's just sick...

time to do a internet hoax search...



Urgent Attetion.

I am writing following an oppurtunity in my office that will be of

imense benefit to both of us.
I am Barrister Jeff Stoner the Personal Attorney to late Mr.Morris

Thompson.
In my department I have all vital documents for the claim of my late

client
with Natwest Bank London and union bank.
First late Mr.Morris Thompson deposited with union bank $10 million

dollars
and later on he deposited $5 million with Natwest Bank London.
my client Late Mr. Morris Thompson an American who unfortunately lost

his life in the plane crash of Alaska Airlines Flight 261 which crashed
on
January 31 2000, including his wife and only daughter.

Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his
next of kin or relatves to come over and claim his money because we
cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or
relation to the deceased as indicated.
Unfortunately I learnt that his supposed next of kin being his only
daughter died along with him in the plane crash leaving nobody with
the knowledge of this fund behind for the claim.
The banking law and guidelines here stipulates that such money
remained after five years the money will be transferred into banking
treasury as unclaimed funds.
We agreed that 35% of this money will be for you as foreign partner,
while the balance will be for me. I will be sending to you the
informations of the bank so that you open up communication with the

bank.
Please in your response include your telephone number and address for

easy
communication between us.

Best regards
Mr. Jeff Stone.

1 comment:

Newman said...

Exactly... the funny thing is "Do you think that the princess is real?" I don't think so. I think the scammers are just getting better (more evil) and use real people and real events.

Greed.