Friday, March 24, 2006

Sisters of the Sun are gonna rock me on the water

Soft rock is gonna kick your ass - from the year I was born
Mile stones - I've posted 200 blog entries here. All this talkin' and not much saying. I've been "between jobs" for over a year. Yep, f@#k work. and more.... I'm working on my site www.alaskagold.com and it seems to be paying off - numbers are up and I'm enjoying learning all the new stuff.

It's a rainy day here in Wilmington, NC. And cold. I thought I had planned to be here in the 'nice' part of the year. And I got it part right - The azelela's are beginning to bloom. Soom trees are budding and pushing out color. But it's cold.

Anyhow, Next week "I'll get down to the beach somehow." Tomorrow is my uncle's 60 birthday and we are planning a surprise party (I hope he doesn't read this blog in the next 24 hours!) . The party will be a Carolina Pig Pickin' - Have you ever been to one? It's the kind where the pig is BBQ'ed with the head and tail and stuff. It's a sight and DAMN it taste good. Good Carolina BBQ makes it ALL worth it.

I've been strugglin' a bit lately. But the rain is coming down and KNBA is on the radio and the cookies are smellin' good in the oven (almost done) - so I'm not complaining at all.

Jackson Brown helps:

Oh people, look around you
The signs are everywhere
You’ve left it for somebody other than you
To be the one to care
You’re lost inside your houses
There’s no time to find you now
Your walls are burning and your towers are turning
I’m going to leave you here and try to get down to the sea somehow
...

We all must do the best we can
And then hang on to that gospel plow
When my life is over, I’m going to stand before the father
But the sisters of the sun are going to rock me on the water now



cookies are done

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every now and then someone clicks onto Borderland from Alaskagold. I'm impressed with all the work you do there. It's a great resource for finding other bloggers 'n online stuff from Alaska. Thanks for maintaining it.

The weather in Fairbanks is dreary and snowy. Clouds and flurries all week. Still ok for winter sports, but the tail end of the season is always a little bit sloppy. And I'm ready for some sunshine, too.

Newman said...

Thanks Doug!

Doug writes a thoughtful and insightful blog on education and institution over at http://borderland.northernattitude.org/.
I've been reading it awhile. I get the RSS on myYahoo front page - a place of honor :) If you are a teacher or interested in education, it's really worth a read.