Wednesday, June 15, 2005

oh man

I'm really diggin down to the bottom now... The rain won't let up... and it's getting worst.

Anyway, I'm sitting on my ass and I haven't left my apt for three days - except to venture to the 7-11 for food.

I got started on this rocketboom with Pete Lowney interview. I was excited to see a friend and a local hero. It was a realization that citizen media is working for me. Like Eddie says, there is enough stories in my circle of friends to keep me interested and educated and entertained - I don't need to hear about Mr. and Mrs Smith or that short Scientology guy.

So, after Pete's story I made a page for him. I wanted to tell his story as documented on the web. He is and is doing quite alot to be recognized and written about. How does the quote go "Write something worth reading. Or do something worth writing." So he inspired me.

But, all this talk of war and corrupt government and evil corporations and powers that be... it all makes me first wanted to fight and then very freakin' tired. I don't want to fight. Can't I just fight by not participating? Like grandma said, "I'm never going to shop here again."

It might be too late for that, grandma.

The gravity of the situation is this. The bad guys are us. We do the harm. Granted, 'The Man' is helping us out of this situation. The government won't help us use less fuel or develop creative ways to educate ourselves or promote peaceful culture. The fact is that it isn't in there best interest to keep the status quo. Which is a ... horrible pill to swallow.

I feel that politicians and the majority of American LIKE what is going on. They like it! The war is Iraq is great! Cuba is fine! Torture is okay, as long as it is the bad guys and terrorists. Sure!

... I guess I just don't understand the vision.

Explain to me how an oil company lobbyist gets to edit documents on global environmental issues. Teach me the importance of violence to stop violence. Space weapons? No child left behind? Healthcare?

Where is the country going? I want to know.

No comments: