Monday, November 14, 2005

Booster Shot - How well do those energy drinks work? By Sam Eifling

Booster Shot - How well do those energy drinks work? By Sam Eifling: "In spring of last year, some dudes in the park began passing out samples of Red Bull, the omnipresent energy drink, while I was playing football. I chugged a can. Immediately, I felt giddy and off-kilter. I started running around. Some guy with John Elway's arm and Kordell Stewart's aim passed the ball my way. I turned, reached for it, and felt my pinky dislocate at the middle joint. My finger did its impression of a clock face at 2:30 until an ER doctor wrangled it back into place. It took six weeks of physical therapy before I could make a proper fist.

I've had about two-thirds of a Red Bull since. That is, until about half an hour ago, when I cracked open a can. My feet have begun wiggling, unbidden. The TV seems too loud. But, whoa, do my fingers scamper along this keyboard! Red Bull, like most of its energy-drink ilk, claims to perk you up and keep you there—'gives you wings,' its ads intone."

This is a what I believe to be an honest and unbias opinion of Energy Drinks. The guy reviews 6 or so drinks using a system to measure the effectiveness. That's how I solve the energy crisis.

No comments: