Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Cool Google Maps - Who knew maps could be fun?

Cool Google Maps - Who knew maps could be fun?: "New York City Live Cam Map "

So Eddie is talking about Maps today and I'll chime in. Like Eddie, I love me some Maps.

I've always said that my only inate skills is sense of direction and the ability to get lost and unlost. My life is has been an experience in map reading. When I went to Six Flags, I was always in the lost parents pavillion. When I my family moved to Germany for a year, I got lost in most European capitals (In Rome, the Swiss guards carried me back to my Dad). When I played Video games (like the excellent Telegard for C-64 / 128) I always made a map of the levels. When I went to school, the Cartographers were the coolest group ever (followed closely by the librarians).

So, I love the google Earth and new mapping tools on the internet.

I found a good one - I'll be in NewYorkCity next week and found this cool Google Hack - New York City Live Cam Map Check out the link at the top of this post for more cool google maps.


No comments: